Monday, December 24, 2007

Holiday Greetings To All

{Note: I emailed this a bunch of friends. More than a few thought I should post it, so here it is.......YGG}

I was sitting in service at my spiritual community on Sunday, thinking about how I've really wanted to say "Merry Christmas" to people this year, even though I know everyone does not celebrate Christmas. Some of my friends are Jewish, Muslim, Pagan, Agnostic, even Atheist. Heck, even *I* wouldn't consider myself a Christian anymore (I'm more of a straight God guy now)

But still, saying "Happy Holidays" hasn't had much feeling for me though. Today I realized why. I was brought up in my family with Christmas, and I was quite blessed - Christmas was a wonderful time for me for many years. Good stories, good anticipations, good memories. When I think of Christmas I feel such as good emotions. Not everyone can say that, either due to being of a different faith, or having *not* had such good times on Christmas.

So, I want to send you a holiday wish, based not on which holiday you or I choose to celebrate, or what has come before, but instead based on the things that can make such a celebration wonderful:

I wish you restful time away from work and the everyday.
I wish you time with people you love, and who love you.
I wish you that you receive what you want and need.
I wish you the joy of giving.
I wish you the experience of the sacred and divine.
I wish you the deep resonance of music.
I wish you plentiful and delicious food.
I wish you the felt sense of tradition and history.
And I wish you to know you have been thought of by me today, with fondness and good wishes.

:-) Peace, Peter

No comments: