Monday, January 14, 2008

I Am Not "Lucky"!

It's funny, I began this post as just a title some 2 months ago. Now I return to finish it on absolutely the other side of things.

Sometimes I wonder if my readers think I'm always doing well, and that only good stuff flows to me (like unicorns and rainbows, as I sometimes say to my clients). Well, I begin this post with a blockage that is quite apparent, but which at the same time deepens my faith (odd, yes, but stay with me).

So in the last two weeks I've had an average of about a potential client contact a day. Some couples, some individuals. Some phone, some email. Some with questions, most seeming quite ready to go. But get this, not one has turned into an intake yet. I am like 0-for-10. This is way out of the ordinary for me.

It is clear to me that something is going on - so I look at my life. Hmmmmm. Had to write and deliver a class on the Four-Fold Way last weekend. Was supposed to help organize a sweat lodge that fell through at the last minute. My wife's been fighting pneumonia for over a month. And did I mention that tomorrow our adoption social worker is coming over for our "Home Study" (this is licensing our house, not us) - which has required a ton of cleaning, fixing things, and installing baby-proofing long before we'll get a baby. That's a lot of energy and attention there. Not a lot of room for anything new, like new clients.

So, you see, I don't believe this string is bad luck, just as I don't believe when I've gone 5-for-5 in a week it's been good luck. I am fairly through believing in luck. I believe in manifestation. And I know all I need to do to change the current situation. Clear up what needs to be finished, get rested, and really want and be ready for more clients. Welcome them. And then they will come. It ain't luck. Good or bad, it ain't luck.

Until next time. Yours truly, the Grateful Guy

No comments: