Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Feeling Good About Your Fee Through The Concept of Tithing

Tithing is the practice of giving 10% of your income to where you are spiritually fed. For most who tithe that means their church, temple, mosque or religious community. I believe in this practice and follow it, and have found it a wonderful too, but this post is not about being pro-tithing, it's about you charging your full fee.

Here in Seattle, the most un-churched big city in the U.S., most of my clients do not belong to a church or religious community. And yet, so much of the work done in the therapy room has a spiritual essence. For me, the basis of my work, where it begins, is sitting in the knowing of the perfection of my client's soul. They may have problems with their brains, their thoughts, their moods, their families, their history. But I know with them and for them what is possible. That they are ultimately loveable and loved, despite whatever symptoms or defenses they are showing me.

It has helped me feel confident about charging my full fee to realize that for these clients, I am where they are being spiritually fed. And in that analogy, I am certainly not charging 10% of their wages :-)

Namaste, Your Grateful Guy

1 comment:

Rachel Whalley said...

Interesting viewpoint, fella. I appreciate seeing a wholly different perspective here. Reminds me of a friend of mine who pointed out that me having a husband who can support our family while I get my practice to full-time earning level is essentially the way that Spirit is supporting me to do my work (rather than the obvious way of sending me tons of clients and, therefore money through them).