Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Your Clients *Are* God, Too!

So let me preface this by saying - Wow! I stirred up a lot of feelings, both positively and negatively, with that last post. I knew it felt daring, and I guess I was right. Some of the biggest energy I stirred up was around tithing. Odd, since that wasn't really the main point of the post. I think it was coming back from that pledge dinner that had me all energized.

Anyway, one reader wrote me, and reminded me of another relationship between God and clients (thank you!). That is this - my clients are God.

What do I mean by this? I mean I believe that we are all imbued with Spirit. No one has less or more of it. No one is better or worse in it.

I think inside each human being there is an unsullied Spirit. An essence of Good. A core of Noble Source. Some call it a Soul.

And so, when I sit with them, when I hear their stories, and learn their beliefs - that they think they are broken, or bad, or unworthy, I know not to believe them. Because I am sitting in a stronger, higher Truth. That there is a perfection in them, and that at the core they are lovable, beautiful, sweet, and peaceful. I greet them from this place. I hold onto this Truth as they try to convince me otherwise. And sometimes they try very hard.

I know they have bodies and brains and personalities and behaviors and actions that are not reflecting this. I am a realist, people! And we'll sort that out. But my respect for them, the honor I give each person who comes in, is knowing they are a Spiritual being.

I believe that about you too, whether you agree with what I believe or not.

The Spirit in me recognizes the Spirit in you. Namaste! Your Grateful Guy

PS - and if you want to know how this relates to practice building, I think holding this makes it easier to sit with people. And they feel the love and respect from you. And they keep coming back and working and healing.

No comments: